East Bay View (a blog about several things)

now 98% free of substantive content

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Blogathons ahoy: catching up/anticipating

  • I've half-finished my piece on Ken Jacobs' Star Spangled to Death for Girish's quite wonderful avant-blogathon, though I seem to have lost half of that half. I'll finish it when you least expect it.
  • I haven't done any viewing for Brian HoFB's Freleng blogathon, so I'm not going to get that in on time either. So let me commit to eventually blogging about the highest-placed of my Arbitrary Top Ten Friz Films (all Warners of course) that no one else gets to:
  1. Little Red Riding Rabbit (Red is one of the few of Bugs' adversaries with the moxie to compete with him)
  2. You Ought to Be in Pictures (Daffy convinces Porky he should be a live action star, mayhem ensues on the Warners lot -- I'll be shocked if no one writes about this)
  3. Bugs and Thugs (Thug: "Stop right there rabbit! How much do you know?" Bugs: "Oh I know uh lotsa things! Two and two is four, Carson City is the capital of Nevada, uh, George Washington was the first president...")
  4. Slick Hare (Humphrey Bogart wants rabbit for dinner, Elmer tries to oblige)
  5. The Three Little Bops (the Three Little Pigs as jazz musos)
  6. Back Alley Oproar (yeah those Warners guys really liked their opera spoofs)
  7. Bugs Bunny Rides Again (Yosemite Sam: "This town ain't big enough for the two of us"; Bugs builds a bigger town)
  8. Tweetie Pie (first Tweety & Sylvester)
  9. Bad Ol' Putty Tat (Tweety becomes a shuttlecock)
  10. Life with Feathers (pre-Tweety, this time a bird wants Sylvester to eat him)
  • All this reminds me why I no longer write for Real Publications with Real Deadlines.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:18 pm, Blogger Brian Darr said…

    Brad, I'd be thrilled to add a belated entry on any of these cartoons to the Blog-a-Thon links list! By my count, only #3, 5 and 6 were discussed in depth by one of the participants. I was a little surprised nobody picked Little Red Riding Rabbit or You Oughta Be in Pictures.

    (But I don't mean to put any pressure on you!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home