East Bay View (a blog about several things)

now 98% free of substantive content

Thursday, October 19, 2006

It remains to be seen

These are the movies I've seen in 2006.

These are the movies I need to see before end of year list time:

The Queen
Clean
Marie Antoinette
Idlewild
Old Joy
The Case of the Grinning Cat
Overlord
The Child
The Science of Sleep
The Departed
Deliver Us from Evil
Borat

List deliberately kept short because I'm going to be living at the PFA for the rest of the year. Of course I'd also like to see Half Nelson, that Warhol doc, The Illusionist, Don't Come Knocking, Little Miss Sunshine, The Ground Truth etc. etc. Then there are the slightly older titles that I meant to get around to this year, like Infernal Affairs 3, I'll Sleep When I'm Dead, A Talking Picture.

Suggestions welcome.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:53 pm, Blogger Reel Fanatic said…

    Of the movies on your list, I have seen The Departed, which I can recommend without reservations, and Idlewild and Marie Antoinette, which I had mixed reactions to ... Though I admire what Sofia Coppola tried to do with modern elements with that old tale, but she didn't quite get there .. idlewild was a bigger disappointment to me .. There were only two big musical numbers in the whole movie, which otherwise played out like a very familiar gangster flick

     
  • At 9:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, you see a lot of movies!

    I saw The Departed last weekend, and it's grown on me. Here's my review:

    http://www.globality.org/film/reviews/rev_departed.html

    Looking forward to Flags of Our Fathers/Letters from Iwo Jima. I love the concept.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home