East Bay View (a blog about several things)

now 98% free of substantive content

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Try a wider interval

Now I have to see Music and Lyrics. (Via Heaneyland.)

Retro-pastiche tip: Sure, you can make something amusing by just being terrible. But if you want to be really funny, you need to retain the most wretched elements of the original and yet make something good enough that it's plausible that people might've liked it back in the day. Yes, this is much harder. Call Fountains of Wayne for help.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:53 pm, Blogger Michael Guillen said…

    Brad, I'm grateful to Brian Darr at Hell On Frisco Bay for turning me on to your blogsite. I adore Fountains of Wayne and got a real kick out of your MP3 link. Thanks!

     
  • At 11:23 am, Blogger bradluen said…

    Glad you liked it. I like your site too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home