East Bay View (a blog about several things)

now 98% free of substantive content

Thursday, September 06, 2007

But there are only 117 days left

You know what September means: time to start working on end of year lists.

OK, maybe it's just me.

Anyway, unless Kanye turns out to be as good as I keep saying he is, M.I.A.'s Kala takes album of the year in a walk, though that's not a shock, as her only previous album was my favourite of 2005. I've listened to Kala more frequently than any new record in five years (every day). What's surprising is that Gogol Bordello's Super Taranta! is in clear second place (last album: #28 of 2005).

Anyway, here's their melting pot predecessor:

40 favourite songs of the Nineties, #23: Cornershop, "Brimful of Asha"

Wouldn't one suffer bosom discomfort in short order?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home