East Bay View (a blog about several things)

now 98% free of substantive content

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Resolutions

1. This might be my last year in the Bay Area, and there are still so many neighbourhoods I've never been to. So this year, I want to visit every BART station. I reserve the right to abandon this resolution if it seems like it'll get me killed.

2. The Hit List: Last year I called out ten movies I should've seen:

Andrei Rublev
Barry Lyndon

The Conformist
Ikiru
The Mirror
The Night of the Hunter
Ordet
Rio Bravo
La Strada
Viridiana

Well, I got three out of ten. Ikiru is tiresome, Rio Bravo is a lot of fun and The Night of the Hunter is a masterpiece. For this year, let's add Letter from a Unknown Woman, Notorious and Sansho the Bailiff to the list.

3. Finish my thesis. This is important too, I suppose.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:21 pm, Blogger Brian Darr said…

    And Andrei Rublev's coming to the PFA in less than a week. But you probably knew that...

     
  • At 3:16 am, Blogger bradluen said…

    Yep, and I'll still be out of the country. Clearly the Film Gods don't want me to watch this movie.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home