East Bay View (a blog about several things)

now 98% free of substantive content

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Grace notes: Masculine Feminine

The first Godard I saw was In Praise Of Love. I heard that this was the master finally returning to top form, so when I saw it was nothing but endless quotes and factually inaccurate anti-Americanism, I assumed JLG was overrated. After that, every time I went to see a Godard film, I came out a little disappointed, although the passage of a little time allowed me to see Pierrot le fou and Band of Outsiders in particular as the classics they are.

But no disappointments, no need to lower expectations here. It may be satirical, but it's still one of the most romantic movies ever made. I will never again doubt JLG's position among the greats.

Rating: 82,543 men masturbating on the beach. Please go and see the thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home