East Bay View (a blog about several things)

now 98% free of substantive content

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Complete list of movies seen theatrically in the five years following Batman Forever, and other signposted paths

Girish has been talking about signpost films, but what about those that point you the wrong way? Never a devoted moviegoer, the feeling of waste I endured when I saw Batman Forever (that's the Kilmer/Carrey one, not the Clooney/Arnie one that everyone says is even worse) meant that over the next five years, my cinematic experiences consisted of only:

Men in Black
Tomorrow Never Dies
The Truman Show

I'm pretty sure that's it.

Conversely, my Signpost Film (Helpful Division) is probably the first foreign-language movie I paid to see: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Yes, really.

Finally, my Signpost Film (Not Sure Whether the Influence Was Good or Bad Division) is Hiroshima Mon Amour, which I still haven't seen. Thanks/screw you, Pauline!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home