East Bay View (a blog about several things)

now 98% free of substantive content

Monday, July 10, 2006

My New Favourite Band: The longlist

The contenders to replace Sleater-Kinney as my favourite band are:
  • OutKast
  • Daft Punk
  • Sonic Youth
  • The Avalanches
  • Radiohead
  • The Mekons
  • Art Brut
  • Basement Jaxx
  • Rilo Kiley
  • The Streets
  • Pet Shop Boys
  • Le Tigre
  • Drive-By Truckers
  • New Order
  • Northern State
  • Orchestra Baobab
  • The Coup
  • Blackalicious
Tell me if any of these bands don't exist anymore. Suggestions welcome if I'm allowed to ignore them, though I'll probably respect Yz's Radiohead veto) Not looking for a new favourite solo artist: I still have Lucinda Williams, though Kanye is pressing his case (Dylan doesn't count because he's just Dylan).

3 Comments:

  • At 6:59 am, Blogger girish said…

    A year ago, I'd have said Luna. (still mourning)

     
  • At 11:34 am, Blogger Transcience said…

    My only advice is to eliminate any band I've heard of.. I think that includes 1, 3, 5, 11, and n.

     
  • At 12:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    um...do I get a Basement Jaxx veto as well?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home